Enterprise Architecture Certification and Training using FEAF
Take your career to the next level with the coveted CEA (Certified Enterprise Architect) Black Belt or ACEA (Associate Certified Enterprise Architect) Green Belt certifications in Enterprise Architecture, or our Foundations in Enterprise Architecture Bootcamp using the FEAF Framework. Whether you are brand new to EA, or a seasoned professional needing a refresher, our courses will broaden your understanding of Enterprise Architecture and modelling.
Any education or certification in Enterprise architecture must have a Framework or methodology as the foundation of it's instruction. This is a rigorous certification program in Enterprise Architecture education using the FEAF Framework. FEAF is the Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework and is ideal for any commercial or private sector application, International organizations as well as Federal agencies. FEAF is used as the base Framework and Methodology in this highly sought-after certification, based on practice (not just test prep) in real-life Enterprise Architecture.
Designed to be practical and immediately applicable for the working IT Professional, the FEAC Institute's world-renown certification programs are the longest running EA programs in the country. Only FEAC offers the CEA designation!
Live or totally online, we don't just prepare you to take a test. This is real, University-backed Enterprise Architecture and competency-based learning. You'll do a real practicum project and solve real problems.
The FEAC Institute has been training and certifying Enterprise Architects for nearly 15 years. If you want to be the best... learn from the best!
Many organizations invest significant dollars in attempting to apply the discipline of Enterprise Architecture without the benefit of fully qualified staff to do the analysis and the EA modeling and program support activities to make it work. This increases the risk and likelihood of failure, for them and/or their clients. FEAC™ Certification of your staff ensures the keys to complex projects’ success residing in understanding and leveraging the culture of the organization, tying into the budgeting processes, developing a realistic Statement of Work (SOW), selling it internally, implementing and integrating program elements, and measuring progress. For the Government, it also involves linking Enterprise Architecture to the CPIC, Exhibits 300 & 53, security, and to other ongoing OMB directed initiatives.
The FEAC™ Institute understands all of these various needs, whether government or private sector, and can build the skills needed to succeed in your Enterprise Architecture program, project, career or community. We offer the following certifications for different levels of educational needs:
Black Belt Enterprise Architecture Certification (CEA)
Green Belt Enterprise Architecture Certification (ACEA)
Click here for Enterprise Architecture using FEAF: Winter 2017 Details - Classes start January 9, 2017 (Registration open until January 17)
Click here for Enterprise Architecture using FEAF: Spring 2017 Details - Classes start April 24, 2017 (Registration open until May 2)
Applicants must possess the ability to undertake college-level study. A general knowledge of business, program or IT planning and conceptual thinking abilities are desirable. Each course within these programs offers separate assignments and exams, but they are taught in relative consecutive order. Courses are often taken while students hold full-time jobs but are extremely intensive and, therefore, require a great deal of effort outside of daily life. There are two weeks and two days required attendance in person, away from your work, spaced weeks apart.
We offer live, in-seat courses and for those needing to save travel costs, virtual, online sessions as well. Click here to see the difference: Live vs. On-line
FEAF Schedule at-a-glance:
Foundations in Enterprise Architecture Bootcamp: Weeks 1-3
ACEA Green Belt: Weeks 1-6 (including first day of Week 7)
CEA Black Belt: Weeks 1-12
- Student Self-Study, Weeks 1-2: Course materials and assignments are reviewed and performed by the student on-line in the FEAC Virtual University in preparation for Instructor-lead session.
- Instructor-Lead Session, Week 3: Three days (24 contact hours) of instructor-lead, hand's-on, facilitated sessions with exercises and demonstration, building skills and competency in the building of Enterprise Architecture artifacts, models and analysis. Students may attend either the physical, classroom environment or via tele-presence (online).
- Cohort Engagement Weeks 4-6: CEA (Black Belt) and ACEA (Green Belt) Team-based completion of assignments and practicum, accessing material and assignments online in the FEAC Virtual University. Students should plan to allocate 40-60 hours for assignments and practicum.
- Instructor-Lead Session, Week 7: Four days (32 contact hours) Student cohorts will present their practicum results and participate with industry speakers. ACEA (Green Belt) present their practicum on Tuesday only of this week and will test online for completion of the certification.
- Cohort Engagement, Weeks 8-11: CEA Black Belt candidates will continue team-based completion of assignments and practicum, completion of additional assignments and refinement practicum efforts in the FEAC Virtual University. Students should plan to allocate 40-60 hours for assignments and practicum.
- CEA Black Belt Practicum Defense and Certification, Week 12: Over 2 days; cohorts will defend their practicums and take their final examination for CEA Certifications. Students may attend either the physical, classroom environment or via tele-presence (online)
Note: the actual duration of session 1 and session 2 Cohort Engagements may vary depending on U.S. Federal Holiday and Faculty Availability. They may be longer or shorter by one week.
Overall – Consists of 20 CEU credits offered in 5 courses
- Four graduate level courses (4 CEU credits per course)
- Final Practicum course (4 CEU credits) – students team on a small piece of an existing/future enterprise architecture project – that can be real and directly related to their work environment or with approval their customer
Certifications and Rewards
- CEA (Certified Enterprise Architect) designation from the CEA Examination Board and CSUEB
- Certificate of Completion in Enterprise Architecture and 20 CEUs from the Division of Extended Education CSU East Bay
- CEA logo for use with your business cards and/or email signatures
- CEA lapel pin and FEAC™ Institute baseball cap
- Graduate credits transferrable to the University of your choice (see details »)
- Ability to join a large network of FEAC™ Alumni who participate in invited forums, conferences and other FEAC™ sponsored events.
Enterprise Architecture Certification Programs
|CEA (Black Belt) Program Fee for Private Sector (Industry and Commercial)
|ACEA (Green Belt) Program Fee for Private Sector (Industry and Commercial)
|CEA (Black Belt) Program Fee for Government Employee
|ACEA (Green Belt) Program Fee for Government Employee
|CEA (Black Belt) Completion Program Fee (Must be done within 2 years of ACEA completion. Select Black Belt course and enter BBCOMPLETE at checkout)
|Foundations in Enterprise Architecture Bootcamp
|Introduction to Enterprise Architecture
Discounts for having attended Workshops
|Introduction to Enterprise Architecture Discount for ACEA or CEA Registration
|Foundations in Enterprise Architecture Bootcamp Discount for ACEA or CEA Registration
|(Discounts may not be combined - only one discount per registration is applicable)
|Additional Costs for receiving 16 Graduate Credits
Need to split up your payment for fiscal year considerations? No problem! Just contact us to make arrangements.
Click here for
Enterprise Architecture using FEAF: Winter 2017 Details - Classes start January 9, 2017 (Registration open until January 17)
Click here for
Enterprise Architecture using FEAF: Spring 2017 Details - Classes start April 24, 2017 (Registration open until May 2)