Enterprise Architecture using FEAF: Spring 2017 Sessions
April 24 - July 11, 2017
Certification through Demonstrated Competency
The FEAC Institute has been training and certifying Enterprise Architects since 2002 (read more). If you want to be the best... learn from the best!
Take your career to the next level with the coveted CEA (Certified Enterprise Architect) Black Belt, ACEA (Associate Certified Enterprise Architect) Green Belt certifications in Enterprise Architecture, or our Foundations in Enterprise Architecture Bootcamp using the DoDAF Framework. Whether you are brand new to EA, or a seasoned professional needing a refresher, our courses will broaden your understanding of Enterprise Architecture and modelling.
Any education or certification in Enterprise Architecture needs to be grounded in both frameworks (i.e. Ontologies) and methodologies. Our education offering for Enterprise Architecture using FEAF gives students broad exposure to the Enterprise Ontology and a range of framework and methodology choices with specialization in the Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework (FEAF). This Enterprise Architecture Framework has proven to have immediate applicability and impact in the private sector as well as the Federal space. FEAF is a very powerful Framework and you don't have to be in Government to derive immediate EA impact from FEAF!
Designed to be practical and immediately applicable for the working IT Professional, the FEAC Institute's world-renown certification programs are the longest running EA programs in the country. Only FEAC offers the CEA designation!
Live or totally online, we don't just prepare you to take a test. This is real, University-backed Enterprise Architecture and competency-based learning. You'll do a real practicum project and solve real problems in class.
From here, just pick whether you want to take the CEA Black Belt, ACEA Green Belt or Foundations in EA:
ACEA Green Belt: Weeks 1-6 (including first day of Week 7)
CEA Black Belt: Weeks 1-12
Self-Study opens April 24; however course registration is available up to one week prior to the 1st Instructor-Lead session.
Registration cut-off for Enterprise Architecture using FEAF: Spring is May 2, 2017.
Specific Course Dates and Locations:
Register by January 27th and save 15% on Green Belt and Black Belt Certifications!
Enterprise Architecture using FEAF: CEA Black Belt Certification - $11,000
Enterprise Architecture using FEAF: ACEA Green Belt Certification - $5,500
Enterprise Architecture using FEAF: Foundations in Enterprise Architecture Bootcamp - $2,000
Note: the actual duration of session 1 and session 2 Cohort Engagements may vary depending on U.S. Federal Holiday and Faculty Availability. They may be longer or shorter by one week.
You will be given access to the FEAC Virtual University on April 24. There is required self-study and lecture to prepare you for class on April 24. We look forward to seeing you on April 24 at the UVA location (details below) or online, virtually on April 24 as well if you choose this option.
Need to split up your payment for fiscal year considerations? No problem! Just contact us to make arrangements.
Enterprise Architecture using FEAF Description:
The Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework v2 describes a suite of tools to help planners implement the Common Approach to Enterprise Architecture. This promotes increased levels of mission effectiveness by standardizing the development and use of architectures within and between organizaitons, and includes principles for using EA to help organizations eliminate waste and duplication, increase shared services, close performance gaps, and promote engagement. Ultimately, the FEAF develops Enterprise Architecture (EA) to support planning and decision-making through documentation and information that provides an abstracted view of an enterprise at various levels of scope and detail.
At its core is the Consolidated Reference Model (CRM), which equips organizations with a common language and framework to describe and analyze investments. It consists of a set of interrelated “reference models” that describe the six sub-architecture domains in the framework:
These are designed to facilitate analysis and the identification of duplicative investments, gaps and opportunities for collaboration within and across the enterprise. Also, by applying all six reference models, organizations can establish a line of sight from the strategic goals at the highest organizational level to the software and hardware infrastructure that enable achievement of those goals. Collectively, the reference models comprise a framework for describing important elements of operations in a common and consistent way.
To apply the framework to an organization's specific environment, the organization should develop a set of “core” artifacts to document its environment within the framework presented by the CRM. Each sub-architecture domain represents a specific area of the overall framework and has particular artifacts, based on EA best practices, which are described and recommended in the Framework and Artifacts document. The type and depth of documentation actually used by the organization should be guided by the need for detail and answers to questions about requirements, applicable standards, timeframes, and available resources.
The real value to the organization of developing an Enterprise Architecture is to facilitate planning for the future in a way that transforms the enterprise while making it more efficient. The organization can use the EA process to describe the enterprise as it currently is and determine what the enterprise should look like in the future, so that it can make plans to transition from the current state to the future state. The Collaborative Planning Methodology provides steps for planners to use throughout the planning process to flesh out a transition strategy that will enable the future state to become reality. It is a simple, repeatable process that consists of integrated, multi-disciplinary analysis that involves sponsors, stakeholders, planners, and implementers.
The organization will create an Enterprise Roadmap to document the current and future architecture states at a high level and presents the transition plan for how the organization will move from the present to the future in an efficient, effective manner. The organization's Enterprise Roadmap combines the artifacts developed for the EA, both current and future state versions, with a plan developed through the Collaborative Planning Methodology. This creates awareness, visibility and transparency within an organization to facilitate cross-organization planning and collaboration. It maps strategy to projects and budget and helps identify gaps between investment and execution, as well as dependencies and risks between projects.
All in all, the Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework v2 helps to accelerate business transformation and new technology enablement by providing standardization, analysis and reporting tools, an enterprise roadmap, and a repeatable architecture project method that is more agile and useful and will produce more authoritative information for intra- and inter-organization planning, decision-making, and management.
Black Belt Enterprise Architecture Certification using FEAF (CEA) Syllabus
Green Belt Enterprise Architecture Certification using FEAF (ACEA) Syllabus
- We offer early bird discounts. See our Training Dates page for specific early bird pricing.
- Government Employees are eligible to receive a $1000 discount for a total of $10,000 US on the DoDAF CEA Black Belt Course. You must have a valid Government email address and use Discount Code: GOVTBBDW17 upon checkout.
- Government Employees are eligible to receive a $500 discount for a total of $5,000 US on the DoDAF ACEA Green Belt Course. You must have a valid Government email address and use Discount Code: GOVTGBDW17 upon checkout.
- Discounts may not be combined.
- These courses are available as both in-seat, on location and now as a virtual, online session (more info)! (You have to be on-line at the same time as the other students are in class- but you can be in your pajamas!) Please select how you would like to take the course at registration.
- There are no prerequisites for any of the sessions. Some browse our resources and blog sections.
- UVA/VT Northern VA campus located at:
- 7054 Haycock Road, Falls Church, VA 22043
- Map to Location and Lodging: http://www.feacinstitute.org/feac-training/where-we-teach-hotels
- Room number will be posted at the entrances of the Building.
- CEA BLACK BELT Completion: If you are a current ACEA who previously took our Green Belt program, and would like to complete your CEA Black Belt, you are eligible for 50% off the CEA course. Register for the CEA Black Belt course and use Discount Code: BBCOMPLETE upon checkout.
- Any student interested in staying in the current session, but upgrading their registration to the next level (i.e.: upgrade from 3-Day to 5-Day, or from 5-Day to ACEA, or ACEA to CEA, etc), please contact us, or tell one of our faculty on site that you would like to upgrade. We will upgrade you and bill you the difference.
- All discounts may not be combined with any other discounts or offers.
- We accept all major credit cards
- Purchase Orders or Government form SF-182: Use "Pay Later" option upon checkout and select "Purchase Order," or "Invoice Me."
- Need to split up your payment for fiscal year considerations? No problem! Just contact us to make arrangements (payments must be made by your organization).
- We start every day at 8:00 AM and will finish at about 4:30 PM.
- All class materials will be available for download from our Virtual University. Each student will receive access roughly 1 week prior to course start.
- There is wireless internet connection available the class - please refrain from surfing during class sessions
- Dress is casual.
- Lunch: restaurants are within walking distance and guidance will be provided. There are several choices directly across the street (i.e.: Indian, Starbucks, Baja Fresh, Subway etc.) There is also an eating area on the first floor by the elevators. There is a microwave there and vending machines that include coffee, cold drinks, sandwiches and snacks.
- All confirmed registrations must be paid in advance.
- Special arrangements can be made for select government agencies. Please contact us for these special arrangements.
- All early bird registrations must be paid by the cut off date, or else invoice will be adjusted to regular price.
- You can register for any course or seminar by clicking the "register" button or "view all events" button. All payments made on-line are to be made in USD.
- Registrations are transferable within your organization (to a colleague) on request until 2 days before the event date.
- Confirmation of registrations will be subject to availability and timely receipt of payment.
- Prices stated here include tax. Import duties and/or local taxes/GST/VAT, if applicable, are NOT INCLUDED in prices and must be borne by the registrant.
- Registrations may also be transferred to a future course date if student are unable to attend.
- Seating will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For cancellation, please refer to the "Cancellation Policy" section below.
- Registration allows us to use the name of your organization in our future marketing activities as our customer.
- The following cancellation fees apply for cancellation of registrations received in writing via fax, email or phone:
- 25 days prior to the scheduled date: 10% of total the registration fee will be levied to cover administration costs. In addition, a refund charge of $25 USD is also applicable.
- 15 days prior to the scheduled date: 20% of total the registration fee will be levied to cover administration costs. In addition, a refund charge of $25 USD is also applicable.
- 5 days prior to the scheduled date: no refund of monies paid.
- Registrations are transferrable within your organization (to a colleague) on request until 2 days before the event date.
- Registrations may also be transferred to a future course date if student are unable to attend.
Note: the above cancellation policy is applicable for confirmed but unpaid registrations as well. There will be NO exceptions to this policy for any reason.
The FEAC Institute reserves the right to postpone or cancel an event, to change the location of an event. In the event that the FEAC Institute postpones a conference, delegate payments at the postponement date will be credited towards the rescheduled date. If the delegate is unable to attend the rescheduled event, the delegate will receive 100% credit representing payments made towards a future FEAC Institute events or you may send a replacement. No refunds will be available for cancellations or postponements.
The FEAC Institute is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of substitution, alteration, postponement, or cancellation of an event due to causes beyond its control including without limitation, acts of God, natural disasters, sabotage, accident, trade or industrial disputes, terrorism or hostilities.