Foundations in Enterprise Architecture Bootcamp: This is the live, instructor-lead version of our Foundations course which can be taken live, in-seat at our Washington DC location, or virtually in our online classroom during the specified dates.
This course contains video lectures and live discussion in class discussing planning for EA; considerations when creating EA models; as well as an introduction to the development of a minimum set of descriptive models. Participants will complete assignments on what to consider when selecting EA views; evaluating models from Industry as well as completing a small Integrated Architecture Description (IAD) and small practicum project by building models and begin to see how EA analysis addresses enterprise issues.
Summary of Lectures and Assignments:
- Virtual University Orientation
- State of Enterprise Architecture Survey
- Enterprises and Architecture
- Framework Basics
- Culture Considerations and Enterprise Architecture
- Introduction to the Department of Defense Architecture Framework
- Selecting DoDAF Viewpoints
- Introduction to the Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework
- Selecting FEAF Sub-Architecture Domains and Artifacts
- Comparative Frameworks
- Planning Methods for FEAF and DoDAF
- Considerations in Modeling
- Evaluating Models from Industry
- Decomposition Essentials
- Looking further at Core Models
- Integrated Architecture Description Scenario and Artifacts
- Knowledge Assessment
- Students do a practicum project
- And more!