Foundations in Enterprise Architecture Bootcamp: Building on the material from the Introduction to Enterprise Architecture online course, this self-guided course contains video lectures discussing planning for EA; considerations when creating EA models; as well as an introduction to the development of a minimum set of descriptive models in addition to the video lectures contained in the Introduction to Enterprise Architecture Course. Participants will complete assignments on what to consider when selecting EA views; evaluating models from Industry as well as completing a small Integrated Architecture Description (IAD) and small practicum project by building models and begin to see how EA analysis addresses enterprise issues.
What participants receive: 90 days access to the FEAC Virtual University which includes 10 video lectures. Students also receive copies of the presentation materials as well as access to a and access to a downloadable reference library. Upon completion of the video lectures and assignments students will complete a short knowledge assessment allowing them to receive a certificate of completion worth 20 EADUs (Enterprise Architecture Development Units). Students will also have the opportunity to discuss their progress and efforts with their faculty advisor.
Once you register: Once students have completed registration and payment is processed they will receive notification and access to the FEAC Institute Virtual University (VU) within 1 business day. Students will have 90 days from the day of VU notification to complete the course and a suggested schedule of activities is provided but students are free to complete the course in any order or pace they desire.
Summary of Lectures and Assignments:
- Virtual University Orientation
- State of Enterprise Architecture Survey
- Enterprises and Architecture
- Framework Basics
- Culture Considerations and Enterprise Architecture
- Introduction to the Department of Defense Architecture Framework
- Selecting DoDAF Viewpoints
- Introduction to the Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework
- Selecting FEAF Sub-Architecture Domains and Artifacts
- Comparative Frameworks
- Planning Methods for FEAF and DoDAF
- Considerations in Modeling
- Evaluating Models from Industry
- Decomposition Essentials
- Looking further at Core Models
- Integrated Architecture Description Scenario and Artifacts
- Knowledge Assessment
- Students do a practicum project
- And more!