Course Format & Schedule
This course is available for both in-seat, on location as well as a virtual, online session! Please select how you would like to take the course at registration.
Schedule of Events:
- Student Self-Study, Weeks 1-2, January 8-January 22, 2018: Course materials and assignments are reviewed and performed by the student on-line in the FEAC Virtual University in preparation for Instructor-lead session.
- Instructor-Lead Session, Week 3, January 23-25, 2018: Three days (24 contact hours) of instructor-lead, hand's-on, facilitated sessions with exercises and demonstration, building skills and competency in the building of Enterprise Architecture artifacts, models and analysis. Students may attend either the physical, classroom environment or via tele-presence (online).
- Cohort Engagement Weeks 4-6, January 26-February 19, 2018: CEA (Black Belt) and ACEA (Green Belt) Team-based completion of assignments and practicum, accessing material and assignments online in the FEAC Virtual University. Students should plan to allocate 40-60 hours for assignments and practicum.
- Instructor-Lead Session, Week 7, February 20-23, 2018: virtually or in-seat at the UVA/VT Northern VA Center in Falls Church (Student Choice). Four days (32 contact hours) Student cohorts will present their practicum results and participate with industry speakers. ACEA candidates (Green Belt) present their practicum on Monday only of this week and will test online for completion of the certification.
- Cohort Engagement: February 24-March 25, 2018: online in the FEAC Virtual University. CEA Black Belt candidates will continue team-based completion of assignments and practicum, completion of additional assignments and refinement practicum efforts in the FEAC Virtual University. Students should plan to allocate 40-60 hours for assignments and practicum.
- CEA Black Belt Practicum Defense and Certification: March 26-27: virtually or in-seat at the UVA/VT Northern VA Center in Falls Church (Student Choice). Over 2 days; cohorts will defend their practicums and take their final examination for CEA Certifications. Students may attend either the physical, classroom environment or via tele-presence (online).
- UVA/VT Northern VA campus located at:
- Room number will be posted at the entrances of the Building.