Philosophy & Ethics
At the FEAC™ Institute, we take a pragmatic project-based approach to Enterprise Architecture (EA) learning, based on expertly qualified, experienced staff, teaching the latest practices and methods being used in the EA discipline today, relevant in both the public and private sectors. Our proven programs cover the EA policy areas, the most up-to-date releases on various frameworks, features of EA modeling, and, most importantly, current, relevant and practical, Enterprise Architecture case studies, from real world environments, where EA is being applied to achieve business and mission results. We teach you the best practices and you learn the “do’s” and how to avoid the “don’ts” of architecting; what works and what doesn’t. We head you in the right direction equipped with the knowledge, needed to scope and start the EA process while interpreting and analyzing the organization’s culture to avoid false starts and to assure success. We help you define what constitutes success, and finally, how to measure the institutionalization of EA and its impact on transitioning the organization to where ever its management and executive leadership deem it to go. In short, we teach Enterprise Architecture as a Means, not an End, unto itself.
- A Project-based Approach – We train you to be professional practitioners through actually doing Enterprise Architecture projects under our faculty experts’ guidance.
- Definitive Knowledge Base – We ensure you learn the knowledge of what’s needed to plan, sell, develop, deliver, and sustain an Enterprise Architecture program for business – mission results.
- Top Quality – We ensure you master the discipline, not just passing minimal standards, while boosting know-how and gaining usable, best-practice tips.
- Up-To-The-Minute – You delve into emerging concepts, latest policies, hottest issues and EA insights from our thought leading instructors, many of whom are published experts.
- World-Class Faculty – You learn from senior and chief architect practitioners, EA experts from government, industry, and academia.
- Relevant – You gain practical EA expertise while getting answers to difficult and perplexing questions, that often, are immediately applicable to your work back on the job.
- Hands-On – You can craft actual project-based Enterprise Architecture solutions for real problems, with the safety net of the Institute’s interactive and mentored learning environment providing useful take-away products.
- Versatile – Reap benefits, whether you are from the information technology or program management staffs or whether you are from the private or public (defense or civilian) sectors.
- Career Utility – Earn coveted and highly sought after credentials, while networking with fellow professionals and obtaining Project Development Units and Continuing Education Units or graduate degree credits (at additional cost).
Enterprise Architecture Tools – The FEAC™ Institute is tool and tool vendor independent and framework agnostic. We advocate EA tool use and offer criteria for evaluating EA tools and their relevance to different architectural projects and analysis needs. We learn from the tool vendors and seek to use that knowledge to enhance our advocacy for tools, without preference for or prejudice towards any particular tool or tool vendor. Because EA tools are increasingly important, it is critical that FEAC™ students understand where tools are today and what they can and should do to support Enterprise Architecture.
Frameworks, Methods and Models - We present an impartial view and advocacy position on the various architectural frameworks, used in government and the private sector. We emphasize the value of various frameworks, methods and models depending on different Enterprise Architecture program purposes and approach contexts.
Donations – The Institute does not accept donations, grants and other gratuities from the private sector, so as not to be biased in the impartial presentation of Enterprise Architecture concepts and practical knowledge. Alternatively, FEAC™ does make donations to, support, or participate as a member in various EA Conferences and Awards Programs and EA professional organizations like the EA Interest Group, the IAC-EA-Shared interest Group and the Associated EA Organizations.
Faculty – Our faculty and instructors are drawn from the private and government sectors. The Institute endeavors not to have more than two individual instructors or faculty, from the same organization, actively teaching in the program at any given time. We also strive to bring the experts in the discipline, the current and past thought leaders and authors, into our programs.
Students/Practitioners – FEAC™ strives for supporting our students’ learning experience to the fullest extent. Our faculty and instructors maintain the highest degree of professional ethics in their dealings with and treatment of students. FEAC™ maintains rigor in it standards for certification but will give students every opportunity to succeed. Students must achieve the standards set by the Institute, in conjunction with and as approved by its academic partnering organizations in order to pass and be certified. FEAC™ will work with students to ensure a fair opportunity to succeed in our programs.
Currency of Programs – We provide current case studies critical to impart the latest and most exciting, comprehensive and progressive projects available for presentation. This gives you the most up-to-date and knowledgeable information about what is being achieved, using Enterprise Architecture, in the market place and the Government sectors.
Program Value and Retention-In order to insure the quality, and ultimately, the value of our programs, we partner with accredited universities and other institutions to provide rigorous oversight of and credits for our educational programs. California State University, East Bay (www.ce.csueastbay.edu) part of the largest university system in the world, places its University Seal on our Certification Certificates, attesting to and standing behind the academic quality of our programs. The University also provides, at our graduates’ requests, either continuing education credits or graduate engineering academic units, the latter of which, within the confines of university policy, are transferable to any accredited university in the country. FEAC™ also established a similar relationship with the National University (www.nu.edu), a private, non-profit and fully accredited University, specializing in adult learning. National offers both on-campus and virtual degree programs in Engineering. The University has created a new option in collaboration with the FEAC™ Institute in Enterprise Architecture within their online MS Degree in Engineering Management to create a MS in Engineering Management and Enterprise Architecture. This involves National’s applying 16 units of graduate engineering academic credits earned in our programs to fulfill the Enterprise Architecture option in the MS Engineering Management degree program. In addition, FEAC™ has partnered with the Project Management Institute (www.pmi.org) to issue PDUs for completion of FEAC™ training and certification programs. These, and other partnerships to come, make FEAC™ Institute’s value proposition unique and highly valued. They also serve to ensure retention of that value.