2015 Leadership in Government Transformation using EA -
Summary of Enterprise Project Challenge:
1. To get the capability map approved
2. Circulate the approved capability map across the organization
3. Rely on the produced strategic roadmaps and projects prioritization
4. Sparing time from top management to participate in the results
More details in the submission document
Summary of EA Driven Solution:
The way EA practice operates towards assessing the capabilities has to change from using the manual technique to use the online and smart technique, which does not consume much time from the organization leaders, covers the enterprise and produces tangible results.
Who derives the benefit(s) from this EA driven solution?
Decision Makers, Portfolio Management , Business Process Improvement , and Strategy and Excellence have directly benefit from the driven solution.
What results and benefits have been achieved to date using the discipline of EA?
1. Projects prioritizations: It produced a more accurate and mechanize results based on the capability maturity assessment results and other strategic factors to prioritize projects.
2. EA detailed assessment roadmap: It allows producing EA roadmap in order to perform detailed assessment for the capabilities.
3. Capability Heat Map: which is a graphical representation of organization capabilities with colours that represents the maturity level of the capabilities. It is used as a factor in various deliverables.
4. Strategy and Excellence: capability assessment results provide input to develop corporate strategy.
Please explain how the EA discipline is being applied and how the appropriate stakeholders and business/mission staff were engaged?
The EA initiative has been applied and engages the stakeholder as following:
• EA presents the tangible value of the “Smart Capability Investments” and its impact on the enterprise.
• EA conducts sessions with stakeholders to refine the capability map.
• EA obtains the stakeholders acceptance on the capability map.
• The stakeholders perform capability self-assessment for their capabilities that produces the capability heat map.
• The stakeholders set the capability importance and desired maturity level which is used as a factor in the projects prioritizations.
Why do you consider the results from this EA driven solution worthy of this Award for Excellence?
The outcome of “Smart Capability Investments” initiative has major impacts on the enterprise through:
• Ease of EA achievements through using smart channels
• Producing the enterprise projects prioritizations
• Enable the organization towards achieving its strategic objectives
• Providing inputs for Corporate Strategy Development
• Providing inputs for business process improvements plan
• Expanding the EA value across the enterprise